Saturday, March 7, 2009

Tea for Two


I'm still hooked on pastels. Never thought those words would come out of my mouth. I was pretty sure my dance with mint green in the 80s had turned me off of them forever. But driving in Austin the other day, I saw an old light blue VW BUG and the love affair began again. I'm painting all my tea, white, because I prefer my tea with milk and honey. My original white tea painting, was based on a story from my NYC friend who was drinking a cup of actual "white tea," which I imagine isn't white in color at all. But I can't say for sure.

This painting is on rough, 300lb, paper, I much prefer the results on smooth paper, as seen in yesterday's painting.

I'm feeling a bit tired right now. I had a great day with my daughter. We saw lots of friends, went swimming at the gym, and ate gumbo at the opening of a new farm in east Austin. I have dishes and laundry still to do before bed. I'm missing my husband who is in RI for the release of his new book. Congratulations, Hubby!

No comments: