Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Monarch, Train Bridge, and Lady Bird Lake, Austin, Texas


The train bridge in Austin, where it crosses the Lake is quite a site. I set out today hoping to get a good painting in from beneath the bridge, I aimed for my usual spot and found it completely filled in with all manner of vegetation. I searched around just a bit and found what felt like my own private one person beach, which I will call Kimma Beach. I sat down on my towel on the sand with lake waves lapping up next to me and painted this 20 x 20" painting for 2.5 hours. It was the first time in all these free days that I didn't feel rushed. The train came by twice, so I was able to place it in the painting. The Monarch Condo across the way is beautiful but a complete pain to paint.

1 comment:

fmx said...

Hi I love this bridge too, great painting